TIME and the I AM

 


How many people reflect on the fact that we calculate 

TIME; the clock; the calendar, out from the moment 

that Jesus Christ was born ? 

We say we are in year 2023, counted and calculated 

from the TIME God manifested His Presence by 

being born in humble and obscure circumstances. 

Apart from the 3 years He spent in Ministry, He 

spent his young life in the same hidden and 

unspectacular way, and His Death on the Cross was 

the way of a criminal.

 

When we meditate on "Glory be to the Father, The 

Son and the Holy Spirit, as it was in the Beginning, 

is Now and Ever shall be, world without end", we 

exit the concept of TIME.

 

 "I AM the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord 

God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, 

the Almighty".

Revelation 1:8

 

But what is TIME? 

We consult watches, clocks, to see what time it is, 

the pendulum of a clock, with it's regular motion 

back and forth, due to it's sideways positioning and 

the power of gravity, is the basic instrument for  

the measure of timekeeping.

 

We can say that TIME is movement; earlier I did

this and that, and now I do something else.

 

In contrast; God is immobile, He is Still. 

He is the same today as yesterday, and as He will 

be tomorrow. 

He can not change, that is His most obvious 

characteristic.

 

"He says, “Be still, and know that I AM God; I will 

be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in 

the earth.” 

Psalm 46:10

 

"Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites 

and say to them, 

‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and 

they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I 

tell them?”  

God said to Moses, 

I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the 

Israelites: I am has sent me to you.’”

Exodus 3: 13-14

 

“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before 

Abraham was born, I AM!”  At this, they picked 

up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself,  

slipping away from the temple grounds."

 John 8: 58-59


"There are many more things that Jesus did. If all 

of them were written down, I suppose that not even 

the world itself would have space for the books 

that would be written". 

John 21:25

 

TIME is a concept, an idea, a constructed narrative. 

I am not judging it as neither good nor bad, it is not

a criticism. We all have the experience sometimes

that TIME flies, TIME stood still, TIME was very 

long, etc. 

Outside TIME there is the TIMELESS; 

THE ETERNAL,

THE I AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment