Self sabotage

 

Our words and actions have their origin in our thoughts.

What we think and believe forms our life. 

If we can control and decide our thoughts, we have control 

of our lives.

Before we have a feeling or a reaction, we have a thought, 

even if the thought is so quick that it has not been registered 

by our awareness, it did take place.

Imagine what could manifest itself if we change our thinking, 

because what we think is what we believe.

This approach is used by psychologists who practices cognitive 

behavioral therapy in treating problematic behaviour in their 

patients which arises out of thoughts and beliefs about oneself. 

But when we Catholics confess our sins at the start of every 

Mass, we say: 

"I confess to almighty God, and to you, my brothers and sisters, 

that I have sinned through my own fault, in my thoughts and 

in my words, in what I have done, and in what I have failed to do; 

and I ask blessed Mary, ever virgin, all the angels and saints, and 

you, my brothers and sisters, to pray for me to the Lord our God"

it is in order to eliminate from our minds everything that impedes 

us from living with God, through God and in God.

Because the limits created by our petty and selfish thoughts, 

creates blockages.

Contrary to us, God is without limit, infinite, He is all Powerful; 

He can do all things, but He can only act in us if we let go of ourselves, 

change our way, change our thinking. 

It is we that stands in the way. 

That is why we have to get out of the way.

Humility, simplicity. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment