Faith

 

 

Here in France, like elsewhere,  the psychological assault regarding the 
"vaccine"  is so devious that it makes my skin crawl.

It's understandable that some people gives in to it.
Because it takes courage and real Faith to resist it.

But today something interesting took place.
 
At the Saturday open market this morning one of the traders spotted the Rosary 
bead in my hand, while I was strolling around praying a decade of the Rosary 
while waiting for my husband to finish his purchases.
 
The trader, an African man, came out from behind his stall to show me some of 
the beads he was selling, to entice me to buy some, at the same time he asked me 
if I also prayed for other people when I prayed.
 
We got talking, I told him I was Catholic, he told me he was Muslim.
He told me how the Muslims also honors Jesus "along with all the Prophets" 
going back to Abraham.
The way he said it was "Jesus and all the other prophets". 
He told me that the Muslims also pray to the Virgin Mary.
 
This I knew already, but when I said that Mary is the Mother of Jesus, and also 
Our Mother, he looked a bit bewildered.

He continued about how true faith resides in the heart of people, and there we 
were in agreement. He said what you believe in, in your heart, 
will manifest itself. 

He seemed certainly to be a genuine person, because at that stage he knew 
I wasn't interested in buying anything from him. 
What he meant to say was more or less along the lines of: 
"we are praying to the same God." 
 
But when I told him that Jesus was not just one of the Prophets, but that Jesus is God, 
he looked amazed, and I told him that the teaching of the Catholic Church is 
precise and codified, he looked puzzled. 
I could tell he had never heard any of those things before, he looked intrigued. 
 
Because if us who believes in Jesus, who pray to him every day, and do our very best
to follow the commandments and not to sin, to confess our sins when we do, we receive
His Real Body into our bodies in the Sacrament of the Eucharist, 
how can that not manifest itself?   
 
Going away from him I told him I would pray for him, and he looked happy. 
 
I had been evangelizing without even knowing it, without having planned it, and what 
was it that started it all? 

The Rosary bead in my hand.
 
Obviously it is not enough to hold it in our hands, but by praying the Mysteries of the 
Life, Death and Resurrection of Our Lord on it, renders it the most powerful tool of all
for the conversion of souls and for resisting Satan. 
 



 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment