The hidden treasure

 

The Novus Ordo created a new religion; they removed 

the supernatural, the divine, and left us with a church 

"of the world", deformed and protestant,

a bastardized and impoverished one.


But Jesus said that His Kingdom was not of this world. 

He spoke in parables; using worldly concepts and things 

to explain spiritual realities and the truth of the Infinite 

Power and Love of God.

He was talking about a world that is not directly visible to 

the naked eye, and so the people had great difficulty in 

grasping what He was saying. 

The people He was talking to were not academics or 

philosophers, they were fishermen, farmers, tax collectors.

The were not able to understand Him when they were with 

Him, only until after His Death and Resurrection, and Pentecost.

From then on The Catholic Church went on to produce Martyrs 

and Saints on a massive scale.


As I, like so many others, am obliged to sometimes go 

to the N.O.  as the Latin Mass is not a local one for me,

I was listening to the homily of the Parish priest on the 

Gospel of the buried treasure in the field, and of the pearl 

of great price. 

Jesus compared them to the Kingdom of Heaven and in 

both instances the person that finds them goes away and 

sells everything that he owns, and buys "the field with the 

treasure", likewise  "the pearl".


I knew a man from Cork; Finbar O'Leary, a wealthy and 

successful business man, with many enterprises.  

He had a sudden conversion, an instant internal change, 

he had a personal encounter with God; "the hidden treasure", 

"the pearl of great price".  He was a changed man.

He sold his businesses and dedicated the rest of his life to 

the Church by his prayer groups and pilgrimages.

He was a literal example of somebody that I knew

personally, of this particular Gospel.

My own conversion is more of the common type, progressive 

but steady, and I know that the more I grow in God's presence, 

the more I want to get rid of material possessions.


So what did the parish priest make of this gospel?

He said for him it was comparable to when he is looking to buy a 

new car, of just finding the right one, or when single people are 

looking for a spouse; finally finds the right one for them. 


An example of emptying a deeply spiritual reality of it's meaning,

making it banal, a platitude. The Church of the world.

But God's Kingdom is NOT OF THIS WORLD. 


The Catholic Faith is supernatural;

natural human nature superimposed by Godly nature, this is what 

produces Holy Saints, living life in the divine while still in this 

low dimension of ours. 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment